Monday, October 02, 2006

Finished!

I have managed to finally finish the two remaining books.

In the Country of Men
Sorry The Secret River but you have lost your crown. This is my favourite of the six Booker shortlisted books. The author managed to portray the fear, secrecy and troubles through a little boys eyes. The despair, betrayal and corruption, the horrific scenes in the story are offset by the hope for freedom and humanity. The ending gave us a hint of redemption. I want this to be the winner!!!

Inheritance of Loss
The story is set mainly in The Himalayas and New York with interesting characters and complex situations. The writing style of this book reminded me of The Black Englishman read a very long time ago at the start of The Gallery Reading Group. I enjoyed the vivid descriptions and writing style. An enjoyable book but not my winner!

So I can now sit back and enjoy the reviews of my colleagues. Enough highbrow reading for now. Off at lunchtime to treat myself to some chicklit!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home