Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Undecided

Looking back at all that I have read, I am caught in a hopeless bind: if I were one of the judges, I would be struggling to choose a winner among Mother's Milk, In The Country of Men, and Inheritance of Loss. The first, for its unusual and beautiful revelation of family relationship taboos (never read anything like it), the second for its provocative look at a country's internal struggles (so in tune with the times), and the third for a refreshing and picturesque tale of Asian life and love which transcends all cultures and nations (we learn a lot of lessons here--well, in all three, come to think of it). So, as I find myself undecided, I'm happy that I am not a judge after all.

Anyway, all 6 were good reads in their own way, but I am crossing my fingers to hope that the winner will be any of the above 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home